Even a novice knows, that cold pressed simply means better quality, but have you ever wondered why? Cold pressed oils retain all their flavour, aroma, and nutritional value, making these oils great for cooking, supplementing and skin care requirements.
It is important to note that both solvent extracted and cold pressed oils can be used in cosmetics and skin care, but only cold pressed will deliver goodness to the skin.
Quality matters! We start with pure, organically grown ingredients and pair those with a cold press. Extracting oil through cold-pressing involves crushing the seed or fruit and forcing out the oil. The seeds are dropped inside a cylinder press that contains a rotating screw. This screw grinds and crushes the seeds until the oil is extracted. Small holes in the bottom of the cylinder allow the oil to escape into a collection container. Although some heat is generated through friction as the screw breaks down the seeds, it’s not enough heat to damage the oil, therefore cold-pressed oils contain superior amounts of nutrients in terms of health benefits.
Cold Pressed Oils will provide a vital contribution to your healthier life:
- they are excellent moisturizers and skin balancers
- they are not refined, deodorized or processed in any way
- they do not contain harmful solvent residues
- there are no added chemicals or preservatives
- they contain natural antioxidants such as tocopherols (e.g. Vitamin E) and phosphatides (e.g. Lecithin) and essential fatty acids
- they retain the natural flavour and odour, enhancing your favourite recipes
- all of our oils are certified organic, non-gmo and sustainably farmed
How can you use them?-that's the best part. You can use the same bottle in cooking: in oils dips, marinades, salad dressings, as supplements: on their own or in juices or smoothies and in skincare: as moisturizers, cleansers and skin serums.